Everyone needs to start his/her journey somewhere, and we want you to be prepared for your first class. Here are some things you should keep in mind and come prepared with:
- Hydration is key – our style of yoga is very hot, so it’s important to come to class thoroughly hydrated and to replenish lost fluids and electrolytes once the class is done.
- Come prepared – you will need water, a yoga mat, yogitoes, and a towel. If you don’t have these on hand, no sweat – we have mats for rent and water for sale in studio.
- Dress comfortably – the hot nature of our studio means that you will sweat – A LOT. Wear athletic attire that is comfortable and breathable – yoga pants, capris, tank tops, and athletic shorts are all acceptable.
- Be mindful of what you eat before class – the amount of food you’ll need before class varies from person to person, so listen to your body as you would with any other type of exercise. Because of the intensive style of our classes, some people find it’s best to avoid coming to class on a full stomach. If you do need to eat something immediately before hand, stick to a light snack, like a handful of nuts or trail mix.
- Try to be one time – arriving a little early will give you a chance to enroll if necessary and to settle in (you can save time by enrolling for some classes ahead of time – check the schedule for classes with this option). We understand that sometimes life happens and you’ll be a little late – don’t rush, we’ll be here when you arrive. We just ask that you make a respectful entrance into the studio.
- Unplug – We kindly ask that you refrain from bringing your cell phone or other electronic devices into the studio.
- Breathe and enjoy your experience – yoga is a healing and transformative experience that cleanses the mind, body, and soul. Keep an open mind and allow yourself to be fully present.
Now that you’re prepared to start and know what to expect, take advantage of our new student special – 2 weeks of unlimited classes for only $25 – register now!